Project Owner: Mr. Ho Xuan Hieu
Unit: Huong Hoa Cassava Starch Factory
Location: Quang Tri Province
- Farmers (Van Kieu ethnic people) have moved from outdated farming methods to fertilizer use, intensive cultivation and application of soil protection measures.
- Creation of income for famers (increase of 6 mil. Dong/household for almost 6,000 households) through the use of bio-fertilizers and intensive cultivation of cassava.
- Environmental protection through proper treatment of the waste from cassava processing, and the reduction of shifting cultivation, deforestation, and the use of slash and burn farming.
- The management capacity of the leaders and business capacity of the staff in the factory are being developed.
- Local officers can develop their capacity and knowledge in the role of service providers to help the ethnic people.